You've made the great choice to use HubSpot. Congratulations! But now you're looking at the rest of your techstack and trying to figure out how your existing processes can be moved or if using HubSpot integrations will make more sense.
Based on our experience with onboarding new HubSpot users, here are 5 tips for you to consider when making decisions about possible HubSpot integrations.
- Assess use: Start by taking stock of how you're actually using the platform you're considering for integration. You might find that your processes can be streamlined and setup within HubSpot without really needing to integrate.
- Define data requirements and priorities: Involve your users in discussing how they are using any existing platforms and what data and functionality will be absolutely necessary to maintain from existing platforms
- Explore available out-of-the-box options within HubSpot's App Marketplace: HubSpot offers hundreds of integrations with other software applications and platforms that are available in their App Marketplace, accessible through the HubSpot portal. These out-of-the-box integrations will meet the needs of most users.
- Evaluate how to align data priorities with capabilities of out-of-the-box integrations: If you are ready to move forward with your integration, this is a perfect time to take stock of the data you have and the data you're actually using. There may be some ways the out-of-the-box integration does not match up exactly with your current processes. The process of preparing for an integration will give you the opportunity to make sure your data is serving you and not the other way around and ensure that your most critical functions are served by the out-of-the-box integration.
- Consider custom integration: If the out-of-the-box solution is not able to meet your most critical needs, you could consider a custom integration as a final option. These custom integrations tend to be more expensive and will require additional time to build. However, we have partners who build custom integrations, and we'd be happy to make an introduction.
With a little thought and planning, your company can discover great benefits by integrating HubSpot with your existing systems. Whether you want a little guidance up front about how to handle these integrations or just want to hand the whole thing over to a capable partner, we can provide support with HubSpot integrations.